Re: Filtering question

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 16:06:12 CEST
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 12:07:38PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
>   Maybe I'm too stupid, but I ca't get around this problem, although it seems
> to be built-in.
>   I want to filter anything except noteon/noteoff and note-number of course.
> How do I manage to not read any other controllers, aftertouch, velocity.
>   Can anyone help me there?

hi,

you can create a first filtering rule to drop all events and then a
second rule to pass note events. Voice rules have precedence over
channel filtering rules so notes will pass. For instance:

filtnew myfilt
filtchandrop myfilt {0 0}
filtkeymap myfilt {0 0} {0 0} 0 127 0

This will create a new filter 'myfilt', make it drop everything on
channel {0 0} (ie midi device 0, midi channel 0) and then make it
pass note events on channel {0 0}. Velocity is part of the midi
note-on event and cannot be removed.

cheers

-- Alexandre