Re: more development questions

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 22:46:19 CEST
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 09:50:43PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi again!
>   I now try to get the output of print captured.
> Where does print actually print?

on stdout (of midish), so it should be received on the midish_stdout
pipe

> Or do the tracklist chanlist functions output their results somewhere, where I
> can get them directly?

they return a list; so 'print [tracklist]' prints the result on
stdout (on the midish_stdout pipe)

>   I think I'm too stupid for this. Just so you know what I did:
>   I send the command print [tracklist] to midish with sendline. Then I kind of
> copied the wait_ready function:
> for (;;) {
>   if (fgets(linebuf,LINELENGTH,midish_stdout) == NULL) {
>     exit(0);
>   }
>   sprintf(result,"%s",linebuf); /* trying to capture output in result */
>   if (strcmp(linebuf,"+ready\n") == 0) {
>     break;
>   }
> }
>   And now I'm lost, for I can't find the output and there's even
> no output to the screen...

hmmm... this seems correct; but you must call waitready() before
calling your code snippet to ensure that midish is ready to accept
input. I mean:

	startmidish();
	waitready();
	sendline("print [tracklist]");
	/* you code snippet here */
	stopmidish();

i hope i'm correct; i don't have my machine to test this. Let me
know if it still not work

cheers,

-- Alexandre