Midish Velocity Correction

From: Rods Bobavich <rodnisms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 10:48:15 CEST
Hey,

I'm having some trouble understanding how to do what I need. I've got a
Keyboard that is sending notes that are too hot velocity wise. (M-Audio
Keystation Pro 88) Looking for way to limit the velocity before I pipe
it into LinuxSamper. I need some help understanding how to put the notes
through a filter.

If you can show me the basics of catching the events and putting them
through the process of lowering the velocity by -5 points I'll fine tune
it and send it back to you so you can have a standard performance
example on your site. I think there a lot of poor velocity curves on
keyboards that feel great. This seems like a standard example that would
illustrate the usefulness of your program...

...Rods ;-)