Extract tempo / signatures from a MIDI file

From: laurent schwartz <schwartz.laurent_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 22:29:37 CEST
Hy,

I've tried to extract tempo and signatures from a MIDI file using midish.

I use MIDI file with a lot of signature and tempo changes (even within
measure). I've come to the conclusion that midish does not yet fully support
these kind of events.

I've wrote some procs that extract and print out the desired information
[measure tempo_change] and [measure signature_change] (see attached file).**

The measure position for tempo and signatures events that i've extracted
from MIDI file doesn't correspond to the rosegarden measure position
indicated in the tempo/signatures view.

*My remarks:*
- it seems that measure position of the tempo and signatures are buggy (if
you wish, i can provide midi sample)
- is there a plan to allow tempo changes within a measure  ?
- is there a plan to provide a function that gives the number of measure of
the song ?
- is there a plan to provide a "for" loop within an integer range (or could
you give me some guidelines on this feature)?

Thanks for your advice and answers
-- eleandar