Re: events not recorded when syncing to MTC

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2010 - 14:01:33 CET
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:21:42PM +0100, stefano barbi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to sync midish with ardour, using ardour as master.
> Relocation and playback work fine but events are not recorded.
>
> this is my ~/.midishrc:
>
> dnew 0 "14:0" ro                # midi through Ardour is attached here
> dnew 1 "135:0" ro               # vkeybd
> dnew 2 "132:0" wo               # zynaddsubfx
>
> and this is my rmidish session:
> send EOF character (control-D) to quit
> [0000:00]> inew vk {1 0}
> [0000:00]> onew zyn {2 0}
> [0000:00]> tnew pippo
> [0000:00]> r
> .. press play on ardour, timer starts on midish, press some notes on vk
> [0005:00]> s
> [0000:00]> p
> ..press again play on ardour but midi events are not played back
> [0006:00]>
>
> If I disable syncing (dmtcrx nil) events are recorded and played back.
> Am I doing something wrong?

your setup seems correct. If the midish timer starts then
recording is actually started, so events should be
played.

You could save the resulting empty file (its test file) and
see if it's actually empty (events may be mapped to another
device or whatever). You could use ``debug norm 1'' to check
what incoming events look like, and so on.

I'll have almost neither the time nor the hardware to
investigate this right now; I will be back around march 31,
let me know if you get more info

-- Alexandre