Re: midish and virtual alsa midi ports

From: Raphaël Mouneyres <rmouneyres_at_free.fr>
Date: Sun May 26 2013 - 17:45:40 CEST
yes i need to connect port, but as for testing, i do it with visually in the jack patchbay, so it's easy to connect.
I confirm that i'm unable to receive messages in jack when routing from midish to virtual ports (activated with modprobe snd-virmidi)

I used gmidimonitor to check the received messages and :
 with alsa midi through 14:0 it is OK
 with QjackMMC 130:0 it is OK (which is the one i really need to use)
 with Virtual RAW midi 20:0 i just receive nothing, although the ports are correctly listed in alsa

this is an archlinux x86 box, may you try to reproduce the problem on your system (openbsd?) ?

Raphaël