Using Midish to play midi plus audio...

From: Allen J. Macchia <allenmacchia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 30 2014 - 23:18:25 CEST
Hi,

First thank you for taking the time to read my question. I am a person who
struggles at programming and as such have a high regard for those like you
that compose such wizardry. Thank you!

I am struggling to find a way, via command line, to play a midi file
(output: hardware midi port) and an audio file (output: soundcard audio
port) both synced together. I know there are a couple Linux sequencers that
can do this but I'd like to keep it simple. I've studied Alsa and Jack with
no luck. Again I struggle at programming so may have missed something I've
read that provides the solution. Midish documentation mentions syncing with
audio software but there are no examples how to accomplish the task.

So I ask.. can this be done from the command line or am I simply looking
for something that does not exist?

Thank you so much,
Allen