active sensing

From: Luc Tanguay <lucus_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat Jul 02 2016 - 05:40:21 CEST
Hi.

I'm using midish to send program change to DR-3 and DD-65 drum machines
(to change drum kits from Linux scripts).  I have one issue when I send
PC to DR-3 because midish sends Active Sensing when it flushes the
output buffer.  When DR-3 receives Active Sensing it stops if it does
not continue to receive such messages in a timely fashion.

So, (1) why midish sends Active Sensing? (2) Can it be turned off?

Here's how I use midish in a bash script:

    midi_dev_port="36:0"
    pc=2 # from 0 to 99
    midish -b <<END
    dnew 0 "$midi_dev_port" wo