Re: Midish "If" functions

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Feb 06 2018 - 17:04:06 CET
On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 05:49:30PM +0100, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Feb 5 2018, Alexandre Ratchov has written:
> > However, if the sysex messages are short, you could define a custom
> > event using the evpat function. Then, define a filter that for each
> > incoming pc event generates a outgoing sysex.
> I have a similar task that would be easily done with that. Could you
> provide the necessary evpat and fmap code for this:
> map ctl 72 on channel keyboard to SysEx f0 3e 0e 00 1d data_byte f7 on
> channel synth. 1d is the control parameter number in that. I didn't
> really get the v0, v0_lo/hi parameters and their usage.

Sorry, I was mistaken. There were patches to make this kind of
mapping, but it was not commited because it broke other parts of
midish.

If you guys are interested and are willing to test it I will resurect
and them. FWIW, the intent was to:

evpat mysysex {0xf0 0x3e 0x0e 0x00 0x1d v0 0xf7}
fmap {ctl input_chan 72} {mysysex output_dev}