Re: Loopback

From: Jeanette C. <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2018 - 08:30:29 CET
Dec 17 2018, Will Riley has written:

> Hi,
> I'm recording an instrument while listening to it - but there's a loopback
> when the in and out def are set to the same port/chan, everything is
> doubled.
This is a standard behaviour, AFAIK. The usual way to circumvent this is
to set "local off" on your MIDI keyboard instrument.

A workaround could be to record to a different channel - or if you have
it a dummy MIDI port. Then you could later copy all events from that
channel/port to the desired channel.

If your keyboard is classified as a synthesizer, however, it should have
a "local off" setting. This feature has been around for ages and was
adopted by all manufacturers that I have come across.

HTH and best wishes,

Jeanette

--
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c