Re: Velocity with fvcurve

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Dec 25 2018 - 20:46:53 CET
On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 10:26:30AM -0800, dan cunningham wrote:
> Hi, I have midish running on a raspberry pi connected to a Yamaha player piano
> via a USB midi cable.
>
> I can successfully import a midi file and play, stop and pause playback of the
> midi file to the piano.  So far, so good.
>
> What I am now trying to do is change the output volume (velocity I believe) as
> the piano is very loud at the default level.
>
> I have tried setting a filter as follows, but there does not seem to be any
> adjustment to the output.
> ----------------
> dnew 0 "20:0" wo
> fnew volume
> fvcurve {} (-63)
> import "/tmp/song.midi"
> -----------------
>
> I'm wondering if the filter is being applied to the input file at all?  Would
> appreciate any help.

Hi,

AFAIU, just need to set the volume of the piano channel, aka
controller number 7.

You've to figure out on which channel the piano is playing
and add a controller event. For instance, if the piano is on
channel 5, to set the volume to 100, do:

import "/tmp/song.midi"
onew piano {0 5}
oaddev {ctl piano 7 100}

[...]

FWIW, the velocity is curve filter rule is to adjust the sensitivity
of the keyboard, it applies to notes played on a MIDI input only.

HTH

-- Alexandre