Re: Velocity with fvcurve

From: dan cunningham <dan_at_digitaldan.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2018 - 20:08:20 CET
>You could try the last git commit, there's a new "tvcurve" function
that applies the velocity change to tracks. Let me know if it works.

I could not get this working, but I'm guessing its me not understanding how
to apply this to the "current" selection.  Can you give an example of how
to apply to a loaded midi file?  Btw, thanks so much for making those
changes,  very awesome of you.

>On Linux, you can chain two midish instances using the ALSA's "midi
thru" devices.

That suggestion was great, thanks!  I Achieved this with two process, on my
"player" process I ran

dnew 0 "14:0" wo  #alsa midi through
import "/tmp/somefile.mid"

on my "filter" process I ran
dnew 0 "20:0" wo #USB out
dnew 1 "14:0" ro  #alsa midi through
new piano {0 0}
inew pipe {1 0}
fnew volume
fvcurve {} (0)
map { any pipe } { any piano }

I can then apply new fvcurve values to change the volume.

--
Sent from my mobile.