Sync external metronome/device

From: Igor Piccini <i_piccini_at_progfx.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 22:48:35 +0100
Hello,

thanks to Jeanette for the answer, but i haven't resolved any issue.

i made a lot of tests about the problem using midish version 1.3.0 (aug
10 2019) and also older versions, but i have the same issue.
I tried free (gpl) and commercial software and hardware.
Finally i used a software monitor for midi events and the results of my
tests are:

1- started midish from command line without any parameters
2- configured a new device with command 'dnew 0 "nn:nn" rw'
2- loaded a midifile with constant tempo at 120 bpm
3- tested the midi track with another software and the midi softw.
monitor says 500ms for beat (correct:: 60sec/120bpm = 0,5sec = 500ms)
4- enabled midish with 'dclktx {0}' to transmit MIDI clock to my device
(midi monitor)
5- started playing 'p'
6- the midi monitor software says 25ms instead of 500ms !!!!
7- tested with track with tempo changes and the output of midish tempo
changes in proportion but always about 20 times faster.

Best regards,

Igor

--

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'