Re: Changing velocity curve for live input

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 05:52:10 +0200
On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 02:58:29PM +0200, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> is there a way to change the velocity curve for live playing?
>
> Say I have a track sound with input Keys and output Synth and I'd like to
> lower the velocity curve sensitivity drastically.
>
> I tried a few things with tvcurve and fvcurve, but either got mismatched
> types in subtraction or errors. I could finally set a positive weight, but
> apparently no negative weight.

Hi,

fvcurve changes the velocity for live playing (it applies a velocity
curve in the current filter). Negative values lower the sensitivity,
it's probably what you want, example:

fvcurve {} (-20)

Without the parenthesis '-' would be interpreted as the substraction
operator, which no sense here. Maybe this is the error you get?

HTH,

-- Alexandre