Re: Sending CC 98 as simple CC (not part of NRPN)

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 22:24:03 +0200
On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 12:26:20PM +0200, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I'm working with a soft synth that uses CC 98 to control a lot of
> parameters. I tried setting diev/doev to the empty list and still Midish
> refuses.
> taddev 1 0 0 {xctl softsynth 98 80}
> controller is reserved for bank, rpn, nrpn
>
> Is there a way around this? Unfortunately I can't reconfigure the softsynth,
> CC 98 is hardcoded.

Hi!

I guess you're asking because there's no way to make the synth use
another controller?

You can use diev and doev functions to select the input and output
events the device uses respectively. For instance:

diev 0 {}
doev 0 {}

will pass controllers 0, 6, 32, 38, 98, 99, 100, 101, which normally
correspond to bank select, RPN and NRPN.

HTH