Re: Problems setting up Midish to work with my Midi interface, keyboard and sound module

From: John Robinson <jbr100uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 21:41:43 CEST
Hi Alexander and many thanks for your e-mail.  I'm using Midish
version 1.0.4-1ubuntu1 which I installed from the Ubuntu repository.
Typing dnew 0 "20:0" rw does, as you suggested allow me to play my
keyboard and hear the notes I'm playing through my sound module.  I
am, however, not able to play any files.  I extracted 'sample.sng'
using Gunzip, but when I loaded it into Midish, I got the error "';'
or new line expected" and when I hit 'p' to play the song, I did not
get an error, but heard no sound either.  This also happened when I
imported Midi files into Midish with the 'Import' command.  Any
suggestions as to what to try next would be very useful.

Many thanks.

John