Re: Problem with clock sourcing

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Jul 16 2013 - 12:33:44 CEST
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:52:41PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Alexandre!
>   I'm having trouble with midish and the midishrc. Consider the
> following, either directly inside the .midishrc or packed inside a
> proc:
> dclkrx nil
> dclktx [dlist]
> dinfo 0
>   Put print statements between them and you might also find, tat
> nothing will get printed, beyond the dclkrx nil.

Hey!

I'm not sure to understand what the problem is; after above
commands don't you get the device settings between curly braces?
Here's what I get:

$ rmidish
send EOF character (control-D) to quit
[0000:00]> dclkrx nil
[0000:00]> dclktx [dlist]
[0000:00]> dinfo 0
{
        devnum 0
        mmctx                   # sends MMC messages
        clktx                   # sends clock ticks
        ixctl {}
        oxctl {}
        iev {nrpn rpn xpc}
        oev {nrpn rpn xpc}
        clkrate 96
}
[0000:00]>

If you don't get this, could you send me more info on how to
reproduce the problem?

>   Uncomment it and all will work.
>   I've set this in my .midishrc, just to be sure, I get the correct
> clock source. I also need to switch clock sources at a certain
> point, so at some time I will need to go back to the internal clock,
> since it's more convenient for editing and fiddling.

The easier way to switch between clock sources is to just use
"dclkrx" with the clock source device number (or "nil" for internal
clock) as argument.

>   Do you have any idea, why this might go wrong? Only because the
> clock already is using the iternal source?

i'm not sure to understand what exactly is wrong, could you give un
example

thanks!

-- Alexandre