Re: active sensing

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon Jul 11 2016 - 09:26:21 CEST
On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 10:04:32PM -0400, Luc Tanguay wrote:

> Since active sensing is in the "System Real Time " category of MIDI messages, I
> think it should be set per device.  I'll try to see if I can do some hacking in
> "mididev" to add a setting for this.  But for now the proposed solution (the
> option "-a") will do the job for me.  It is up to you if you want to integrate
> it to the official source code.

Indeed this should be a per-device option.

But I think midish was not quite correct.  The active-sensing
message you observe indicates that midish keeps the midi device
open and just waits.  It's supposed to quickly send the
configuration events and close the device immediately.

I just fixed this in cvs and generated a new release; could you
check that it solves the problem you observe with the DR-3?

thanks!