A Channels Channel

From: Will Riley <virtualfilmlot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2019 - 16:39:42 CET
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting thrown by the use of the word "channel"
in the manual.
Seems like it's being used for 2 different things.

Section 17.2 points up the issue - logically a Midi Channel cannot be a
"Channel Attribute" unless there are two different meanings for the word
"Channel".

References to "Current Channel" are (hence) confusing (for me). In a setup
where multiple inputs are simultaneously connecting to multiple outputs on
multiple midi channels, there is no "current midi channel".

There should only be *one* meaning for the word "channel" - referencing a
MIDI channel.
Anything else is not a channel (or should not be). If I'm understanding
this correctly, I'd be willing to consider submitting a patch to clarify
things.

Just getting into midish though, maybe I'm missing something!
Thanks