Re: Insall Error?

From: Jeanette C. <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2019 - 19:09:22 CET
Hi Kevin,
you might try compiling a different software package. I don't know when
exactly libfd would be required, but you could try with a simple demo program
like this:
Edit a file called example.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
   printf("Hello world.\n");
   return 0;
}

Save the file and type:
gcc -o example_program example.c

If that fails, you know that there is a problem with the GCC/binutils package
as such. If that does not fail, well... You might try downloading and
compiling another software package.

I think to update your system version in Debian you'd do something like this
as root:
aptitude update
aptitude upgrade

If you're not root, put sudo in front of those commands. The first will onlly
look for correct package source sites on the web and the second command should
update every package to the latest version of Jesse.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--