Re: play MIDI file

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:36:52 +0200
On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 07:51:42PM -0300, Lisandro Fernández wrote:

> The problem I'm facing is that I can not play an imported MIDI file.
> I've tried different ways, calling it in the config file and throw the app REPL
> ( I've also taken care of remapping I/O after importing) but with no luck.
> Tracks and events are present, but nothing is played.
> The application is running quite well, I can map and filter my controller
> events to other devices.
> I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Which is the minimum configuration
> required for importing and play a MIDI file?

Hi,

MIDI files contain no device information; when a file is imported, its
events are assigned to device number 0 by default. Your midishrc has
no definition of device 0, so file contents are not played. You could
eiher define the missing device:

	dnew 0  "FLUID Synth (fluidsynthmidi)" wo

or remap events from device 0 to device 1, for instance:

g 0				# go to the beginning
sel [mend]			# select to the end
for t in [tlist] {		# for each track:
	ct $t			# make it the current track
	tevmap {any 0} {any 1}	# set all events device 0 -> 1
}

HTH,

-- Alexandre