Re: play MIDI file

From: Jeanette C. <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:56:27 +0200 (CEST)
Hey hey Lisandro,
Jun 24 2019, Lisandro Fernández has written:
> The problem I'm facing is that I can not play an imported MIDI file.
> I've tried different ways, calling it in the config file and throw the app
> REPL ( I've also taken care of remapping I/O after importing) but with no
> luck. Tracks and events are present, but nothing is played.
Looking at the imported MIDI file all tracks have events on MIDI device
0 and in your configuration Fluid is device number 1. It played
perfectly on my system, using its configured device 0.

You could try using tevmap on your tracks or perhaps take a look at this
collection of convenience commands:
http://juliencoder.de/test/sound/jbs_midish_extra-1.8.tar.bz2
There is the "chmap" family which will map one track's channel to
another track's channel. In your case this could look like:
load "test_import"
tnew my_1
rnew 0 1
ct trk01
cchmapm 0 4 my_1
This will start copying/mapping at measure 0 and take four measures.

With Midish's built-in tevmap I can't remember the syntax.

HTH,

best wishes,

Jeanette

--