Re: ALSA sequencer connections (Yoshimi)

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 16:24:11 +0200
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:18:11PM +0200, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
> thanks for the feedback. I will try it using the MIDI through ports. It is
> strange though, since Yoshimi can autoconnect to another port, if it is
> configured to do so, otherwise it just opens a steady port waiting for
> connections.

AFAIU, this can't work well because there's a delay between when
midish creates the port (and starts sending data) and when yoshimi
sees the newly created port and connects. The aproach seems racy by
design.

In other words, the program "offering the service" (the synth) must
start before the program "using the service" (the player).