Re: ALSA sequencer connections (Yoshimi)

From: Jeanette C. <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 12:43:05 +0200 (CEST)
Oct 2 2019, Alexandre Ratchov has written:
> client 128: 'yoshimi' [type=user,pid=22725]
>    0 'input           '
>        Connected From: 129:0
> client 129: 'midish/0' [type=user,pid=22758]
>    0 'default         '
>        Connecting To: 128:0
>
> but the connection doesn't seem to be established.
If you run Yoshimi in its commandline mode, you see that a connection is
established and once Midish closes the connection you also get a message
that the connection is closed. So subscription and unsubscription appear
to work as such. Seeing that it will work through the MIDI through port
the data that Midish sends is also compatible with Yoshimi. It is a
conundrum, when I also consider that both Midish and Yoshimi work with
everything else includiing soft and hardware that I have tried so far. I
wonder whether there is something so specific about ports that can only
connect by themselves that Yoshimi can't accept. I'm thinking I could
perhaps try it with Csound which behaves just like Midish.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c