Re: triggering just play start / stop

From: Matthew Bockol <roue_at_cdlfn.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:02:17 -0500
Just another addendum...

I ran debug mididev 1 to see what was being sent/received:

without dclkrx 0 where the Uno and Volca start their internal sequences:

[0000:00]> debug mididev 1
[0000:00]> p
... starts immediately ...
mididev_flush: 0: dev 1: f8 fa <-- signal to the USB to MIDI device to start
mididev_flush: 0: dev 1: f0 7f 7f 6 2 f7
mididev_flush: 333997: dev 1: f8
mididev_flush: 396997: dev 1: f8
mididev_flush: 459995: dev 1: f8
mididev_flush: 521994: dev 1: f8

I believe it's the f8 fa message being sent on dev 1 ( the usb to midi that
the volca and uno are listening to ) that triggers them to start playback.

Verses with dclkrx 0

[0000:00]> debug mididev 1

[0000:00]> p
... nothing happens till ...
mididev_inputcb: 87842193: dev 0: f0 7f 7f 6 2 f7 <-- hit start on keystep
mididev_inputcb: 87852194: dev 0: fa f8
mididev_inputcb: 87922192: dev 0: f8
mididev_inputcb: 89257164: dev 0: f8
mididev_inputcb: 89342162: dev 0: f8
mididev_inputcb: 89422160: dev 0: f8
mididev_inputcb: 89507158: dev 0: f8
mididev_inputcb: 89572156: dev 0: f0 7f 7f 6 1 f7 <-- hit stop on keystep
mididev_inputcb: 89583156: dev 0: fc

Where I see a fa f8 message coming from the Keystep ( dev 0 ) but it's not
being passed out to dev 1 so they don't start.

This is with dclktx { 1 } and various permutations of dmtcrx 0 / dmmctx { 1
}.

Thanks,
Matt